Thank you for considering us as your mediators. Hopefully the bios below will aid you as you come to a decision regarding how you will be best served through the divorce process.
ELINOR ROBIN, PhD
Dr. Elinor is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator specializing in professional and personal relationship matters. She is licensed as both a Mental Health Counselor and a Marriage and Family Therapist. Dr Elinor has a background in small business; a PhD in Psychology, with a specialization in Conflict Management; and a wide range of experiences from within the family, civil, criminal, and juvenile courts.
Born and raised in New York, Dr. Elinor has lived in South Florida for over twenty years, spending much of this time working within the legal system. She is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediation Trainer and has trained over 5000 people, nationally and internationally in mediation. Additionally, Dr. Elinor has mediated thousands of divorces, successfully assisting in conflict management and transformation.
Dr. Elinor’s work as a mediator is geared towards encouraging the navigation of transitions from the current circumstances towards the ideal ones. This work lets her tap into what she’s learned from her own and others’ life experiences.
DAVID SPOFFORD, JD
David is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator. In addition to his current mediation endeavors, David’s career has included law practice in Texas and Florida, and work as both a software engineer and a life-coach. A “seeker,” for most of his adult life, David is very involved with various personal growth and men’s groups. He has spent the last quarter century gathering, learning and using tools to aid himself and others in claiming and experiencing the glorious lives we all deserve. His formal education includes the following achievements:
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Masters of Computer Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Professional Coaching Certificate Program, Florida International University, Miami, FL
Together David and Elinor offer:
- A unique co-mediation model that offers a male-female balance
- Problem solving tools that stress personal responsibility and individual choice
- Knowledge and understanding of both the legal and the psychological/emotional issues of divorce
- Compassion, clarification and understanding
- Keen vision for things that may be otherwise overlooked
- Help with negotiation, communication, and conflict management
- A positive, practical, and holistic perspective
- Assistance in creating collaboration and win-win results
- An exploration of all sides of an issue and the possible actions and strategies for its optimal resolution
Together, we have raised two children (who lived through divorce) to adulthood. Today, we are continuing to watch as they display integrity and passion in their lives. We live in Boca Raton and Gainesville with our dogs Stella and Roscoe.
We would both enjoy speaking with you. Please contact us at email@example.com, 561-620-2002 or 954-481-8881 to discuss how we can work together and how we can assist you.