Don’t Rule Out MediatorsJuly 18, 2016 9:42 am Comments Off on Don’t Rule Out Mediators
Our own Elinor Robin is quoted in Prevention Magazine’s newest divorce article – 11 Things Divorce Lawyers Say You Should Never Do.
Take a look at number 11 – Don’t Rule Out Mediators. The author, Judy Koutsky, says
- Don’t expect to come away with a windfall.
- Don’t try to hide money
- Don’t keep adding money to a joint account.
- Don’t do things out of spite.
- Don’t compare divorces.
- Don’t expect to share the pet.
- Don’t surprise your spouse by serving him in public. (In fact, when couples use the A Friendly Divorce process no service is involved.)
- Don’t fight over things you don’t care about.
- Don’t make the kids pawns.
- Don’t wait for your big day in court. And,
- Don’t rule out mediators.